IELTS Cause/Problem/Solution Essays: Writing Solutions
When the IELTS exam asks us to give solutions to a problem, a little bell should ring in your head that shouts "result relative clauses" and "conditional sentences". If it doesn't at the moment, well, this is the video for you!
In this lesson, we will learn
- how to chose the correct modal verb to suggest a solution
- how to extend your solution by adding a result
- how to choose the correct conditional sentence to give your result
- how to add a result with a relative clause
- how to evaluate your solution (which is especially useful in an essay that only asks for solutions as you have to extend your ideas significantly)